One of the great countries in Africa and one of the first great civilizations in the world, Egypt attracts many visitors in the world, especially Cairo- the capital of the country, Africa’s biggest city and one of cities with the most dense population on earth is the center of the region’s political and cultural life.In addition to, the city is the eleventh largest urban area worldwide which make many visitors interested in travelling to.
A city with a rich historical and contemporary significance such as this will undoubtedly be a major tourist spot. Cairo is along the great Nile River which is regarded as the longest in the planet. This river alone boasts of a global historical, cultural and scientific importance unmatched by any other river on earth.
Typical of any major tourist destination, Cairo has lots of attractions. For tourists who are on an African tour, this city is surely on the “won’t miss” list. The following are some helpful tips and information that can make your Cairo trip more fun, hassle-free and enjoyable:
1. Although the city has a desert climate, its air is unusually humid. The effects of the river valley are the main contributing factor to this.
2. Because of the hot temperature, bringing a hat and a bottle of water while doing the sightseeing is highly advisable. As a protection from the damaging rays of the sun, sunglasses and sunscreen would prove beneficial as well.
3. The Cairo Tower and Al-Azhar Mosque are great places to visit too especially if you don’t like the outdoors. You can also visit the Egyptian Museum if you want to avoid the extreme heat of the Cairo sun.
4. It’s highly recommended that you plan your Cairo trip between November and March to avoid the extreme heat of Cairo summer.
5. For people who love the outdoors, the “City of the Dead” and “Old Cairo” are some of the more popular choices.
6. Mobilization within the city is not a problem as there are numerous means of transportation like subway, bus and taxi.
7. Nightlife in Cairo is very much alive. Bars, clubs, casinos and discotheques abound. Despite the ancient quality of the city, people here actually live a pretty modern life.
8. Before having your trip, be sure to study and be aware of the Egyptian’s culture and heritage. The knowledge, awareness and respect that you have for their culture and history will surely make your stay more comfortable, enjoyable and memorable.
if you like this style of writing, please check out http://wallabiesshoes.blogspot.com/2010/07/things-my-friends-say-about-wallabies.html or check out http://wallabiesshoes.blogspot.com
Related Traveling Articles